If you’re craving a delicious and spicy pasta dish, look no further than this Pasta Arrabiata recipe. This classic Italian dish is known for its fiery flavors and simple yet satisfying ingredients. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to create the perfect Pasta Arrabiata that will leave your taste buds tingling with delight.
- 250g of penne or spaghetti pasta
- 400g of canned tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 red chili peppers, finely chopped (adjust to your spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese (optional)
To start, let’s prepare the sauce for your Pasta Arrabiata:
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped onion. Sauté until they become translucent.
- Stir in the red chili peppers and dried red pepper flakes for that fiery kick.
- Now, add the canned tomatoes and sugar. Break the tomatoes down with a wooden spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer the sauce for about 15-20 minutes, allowing it to thicken.
While your sauce is simmering, let’s cook the pasta:
- Boil a pot of salted water and cook the penne or spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside.
Once your sauce is ready and your pasta is cooked, it’s time to combine them:
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the Arrabiata sauce.
- Toss everything together, ensuring the pasta is well coated with the spicy sauce.
Transfer the Pasta Arrabiata to serving plates, garnish with fresh basil leaves, and sprinkle with grated Pecorino Romano cheese if desired. This adds a delightful creaminess to balance the spiciness of the dish.
Enjoy your homemade Pasta Arrabiata while it’s hot! It pairs wonderfully with a crisp salad and a glass of your favorite Italian wine.
Frequently asked questions:
1. How spicy is Pasta Arrabiata?
Pasta Arrabiata can be quite spicy, depending on the amount of chili peppers and red pepper flakes you use. You can adjust the spiciness to your liking by adding more or fewer peppers.
2. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes?
Yes, you can certainly use fresh tomatoes. Simply blanch them, remove the skin, and chop them finely to replace the canned tomatoes. Just make sure they are ripe for the best flavor.
3. Is Pecorino Romano cheese necessary for this dish?
No, it’s not necessary, but it adds a delicious touch to the Pasta Arrabiata. If you prefer a dairy-free option, you can skip the cheese or use a vegan cheese alternative.
Now that you have this fantastic Pasta Arrabiata recipe, you can impress your friends and family with a flavorful Italian meal. Enjoy your cooking!
Se även nedan: