If you’re looking for a delightful baguette recipe that uses dry yeast (torrjäst), you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to create a mouthwatering baguette that will leave you craving for more. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the world of breadmaking, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen.
Before you embark on your baguette-making journey, gather the following ingredients:
- 500g of all-purpose flour
- 10g of salt
- 10g of dry yeast
- 350ml of lukewarm water
Follow these simple steps to create your delicious baguette:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- In a separate container, mix the dry yeast with lukewarm water. Allow it to sit for a few minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour and salt mixture. Stir until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (430°F) and place a baking stone or a baking sheet inside to heat up.
- Once the dough has risen, divide it into two equal portions. Shape each portion into a baguette by rolling it into a long, thin loaf.
- Place the baguettes onto a baking sheet or a baguette pan and let them rest for about 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, make diagonal slashes on the top of each baguette.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the baguettes are golden brown and have a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
Your homemade baguettes are now ready to be enjoyed. Serve them fresh out of the oven with some butter, your favorite cheeses, or as a side to soups and salads. You can also use them to make delicious sandwiches.
1. Can I use instant yeast instead of dry yeast?
Yes, you can substitute instant yeast for dry yeast in this recipe. Use the same amount, and there’s no need to dissolve it in water first.
2. How can I store leftover baguettes?
To keep your baguettes fresh, store them in a paper bag at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you want to store them longer, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to a month.
3. Can I customize the toppings on my baguettes?
Absolutely! You can add toppings like sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or herbs before baking to give your baguettes a unique flavor and texture.
Now that you have the perfect baguette recipe using dry yeast, go ahead and impress your friends and family with your baking skills. Enjoy your homemade baguettes!
Se även nedan: