If you’re looking for an exquisite dessert to tantalize your taste buds, then you’ve come to the right place. Crema Catalana, also known as Catalan Cream, is a delightful Spanish dessert that will transport you to the sunny streets of Catalonia. With its creamy texture and a subtle hint of citrus and cinnamon, this dessert is a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to create a perfect Crema Catalana recept that will leave your guests asking for seconds.
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s gather all the essential ingredients for our Crema Catalana.
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 200g of sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 30g of cornstarch
- Caster sugar (for caramelizing)
Now that we have everything ready, let’s get started with the cooking process.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, cinnamon stick, lemon zest, and orange zest. Heat it over medium heat until it almost boils. Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture becomes pale and creamy.
- Add the cornstarch to the egg yolk mixture and continue whisking until well combined.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly to prevent curdling.
- Return the combined mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring continuously until it thickens. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove it from the heat and discard the cinnamon stick. Pour the mixture into individual ramekins or serving dishes.
- Chill the Crema Catalana in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, allowing it to set.
- Before serving, sprinkle a thin layer of caster sugar on top of each Crema Catalana. Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar until it forms a golden crust.
- Your Crema Catalana is now ready to be enjoyed!
Frequently asked questions:
1. Can I use a different citrus fruit for the zest?
Yes, you can experiment with different citrus fruits like lime or grapefruit for a unique twist on the flavor.
2. Do I need a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar?
While a kitchen torch is the traditional method, you can also use the broiler in your oven to caramelize the sugar. Just be sure to watch it closely to prevent burning.
3. Can I make Crema Catalana in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the dessert a day in advance and caramelize the sugar just before serving for the best texture.
4. What’s the origin of Crema Catalana?
Crema Catalana is a traditional Spanish dessert, and it is believed to have originated in the Catalonia region of Spain.
With this easy-to-follow Crema Catalana recept, you’ll be able to create a dessert that’s not only delicious but also impressive. Whether you’re hosting a special dinner or simply satisfying your sweet tooth, Crema Catalana is a fantastic choice. Enjoy!
Se även nedan: