If you’re a fan of mushroom soup and have a batch of fresh wild chanterelle mushrooms, you’re in for a treat! In this article, we’ll share a delightful recipe for svampsoppa (mushroom soup) featuring the exquisite flavor of trattkantarell (chanterelle mushrooms). This savory and creamy soup is a true Swedish classic, perfect for cozy evenings or special occasions.
- 300g fresh trattkantarell mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 liter of vegetable or chicken broth
- 200ml heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the chopped trattkantarell mushrooms to the pot and cook for about 5-7 minutes until they release their moisture and start to brown.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir well to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to eliminate the raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in the vegetable or chicken broth while continuously stirring to avoid lumps. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let the soup simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot and reheat gently if needed.
- Serve the svampsoppa hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
This trattkantarell svampsoppa recipe is versatile, and you can customize it to suit your taste. Here are a few variations you can try:
1. Add Potatoes:
If you prefer a heartier soup, consider adding diced potatoes along with the mushrooms. Cook until the potatoes are tender, then proceed with the recipe as usual.
2. Fresh Herbs:
Enhance the flavor of your svampsoppa by adding fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, or tarragon. These herbs complement the earthy taste of chanterelle mushrooms beautifully.
3. Crispy Bacon:
For a delightful twist, garnish your mushroom soup with crispy bacon bits. The smokiness of bacon pairs wonderfully with the creamy soup.
Q: Can I use dried chanterelle mushrooms instead of fresh?
A: Yes, you can use dried chanterelle mushrooms, but be sure to rehydrate them before adding them to the soup. Soak them in warm water for about 20-30 minutes, then drain and chop before cooking.
Q: Can I freeze leftover svampsoppa?
A: Yes, you can freeze mushroom soup for later enjoyment. Just ensure it’s completely cooled before transferring it to airtight containers or freezer bags. Thaw and reheat on the stovetop when you’re ready to enjoy it again.
Q: What can I serve with svampsoppa for a complete meal?
A: Svampsoppa pairs wonderfully with crusty bread or a crisp salad. You can also enjoy it as an appetizer or part of a multi-course meal.
With this svampsoppa recept trattkantarell, you’ll have a delectable and comforting dish to savor. The earthy richness of trattkantarell mushrooms combined with creamy goodness makes it a Swedish favorite. Enjoy making and savoring this delightful soup!
Se även nedan: